Casual Boutique Dress TOBI Boutique winter winter x8Zw7IH8Rq
Nestled on nearly three acres, the BMA’s two terraced sculpture gardens are home to 33 masterworks of modern and contemporary sculpture ranging from Auguste Rodin’s striding bronze Balzac (1892) to Ellsworth Kelly’s stainless steel arc Untitled (1986)—providing a 100-year survey of sculpture from the figural to the abstract.
Janet and Alan Wurtzburger Sculpture Garden
Amidst a beautiful flagstone terrace and fountain, the 17,000-foot Janet and Alan Wurtzburger Sculpture Garden was designed by George E. Patton and opened in 1980. It presents 19 early modernist works by artists such as Alexander Calder, Jacques Lipchitz, Isamu Noguchi, and Auguste Rodin. Highlights include:
- Emile-Antoine Bourdelle’s figural Fruit (1911)
- Henry Moore’s boulder-size, abstract Three-Piece Reclining Figure No. 1 (1961–1962) Romper Boutique Boutique winter winter ami ami Mi Mi fFx0zq
- Max Bill’s granite interpretation of the Möbius strip, Endless Ribbon (1953)
Ryda and Robert H. Levi Sculpture Garden
The adjoining two-acre Ryda and Robert H. Levi Sculpture Garden was designed by Sasaki Associates and opened in 1988. Its sloping garden paths and lush foliage surround a collection of 14 artworks from the latter half of the 20th century by artists such as Anthony Caro, Joan Miró, Louise Nevelson, and Tony Smith. Highlights include:
- Alexander Calder's soaring red 100 Yard Dash (1969)
- José Ruiz de Rivera’s slowly revolving Construction 140 (1971)
- Michael Heizer’s granite fragments of a deconstructed circle, Eight-Part Circle (1976/1987)
The BMA's Sculpture Gardens are open year-round Wednesday-Sunday 10am to dusk, unless there is inclement weather. Please call ahead at 443-573-1700Boutique Casual winter Max Dress Studio CqYpwfC if you are planning a visit.
BMA Sculpture Garden Cell Phone Tour
Explore the BMA’s sculpture gardens with a cell phone tour. Call 443-573-1822 to hear commentary by former BMA Director Doreen Bolger, Objects Conservator Ann Boulton, sculptor Mark di Suvero, and BMA Trustee Peggy Heller.
Also available from iTunes